Friday, March 9, 2012

new work in progress at AAW- March 2012

A couple of new shots of a mixed media relief i am working on
as Artist in Residence at AAW. See prior postings...for the first stage of this work.
I am using cloth that was used by my lovely Grandma Barica, for her famous Elaborate Cutwork that she was so well known for... I have used many saved things and new found things in regards to mixed media in my works of art.. what i use is as important as what it becomes.
the alchemy of things setting themselves to become a work of art- intrigue me immensely.



- cloth, acrylic paint, paper, glue, stainless steel bits and ceramic object, relief mounted on wood
@ 5 feet tall by 2 feet wide

I will also post some photos of some of the things I like to use as part of my palette!


No comments:

Post a Comment